The Doon University was established after the passing of the Doon University Bill, 2005 (Uttaranchal Adhiniyam Sankhaya 18 of 2005) by the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly in the sane year. The first academic session of the University. The University plans to lay stress on
The university will be known for:
- Student and learning-to-learn centered pedagogy supported by a community of eminent research-scholars,
- Leadership through collaborative educational ventures and,
- Value- based learning.
- Offer state-of-the-art educational programmes in cutting-edge disciplines of regional, national and international relevance,
- Conduct high quality and multi-disciplinary research to push the boundaries of knowledge in the chosen areas and,
- Provide a challenging and conducive environment for scholar-researchers to engage in pursuit of excellence.
Doon University is a residential University. The students are encouraged to stay in the Campus as they will be required to participate in group discussions and attend tutorials after the regular classes.
The University very much encourages its students to take part various extracurricular activities conducted by the university. Extracurricular activities such as literary, cultural, social, film, etc. are organized at the University level.
The other than these, the university will soon also have the facility for banking and also medical aid in the campus.
- M.Sc. Environmental Studies
- M.Sc. Natural Resource Management
- MA Communication/ Five year integated MA programme
- MA Economic/ 5 years integrated MA Programme
- MA Languages
For further information related to Doon University click on the links provided below: